First Mortgage Post Closer
PenFed is hiring a Frist Mortgage Post Closer in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent ensures that all post-closing issues are satisfactorily completed. Prepares loan files to go to Mortgage Servicing and coordinates the general flow of all closed loans. Ensures the proper routing and imaging of legal documents. Submits loans to VA for guaranty in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy of all contents. Processes and files all incoming recorded Deed of Trusts/Mortgages and Final Title Policies. Incumbents of this position acts as a mortgage loan originator (MLO) as defined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act).Essential Functions · Ensures that all closed loan packages are received from closing agents in a timely manner.
- Reviews all closing documents for accuracy and compliance with program parameters. Reviews package to make sure closing agents followed all closing instructions.
- Ensures all loans closed are salable on the secondary market and assists in the delivery of the loan documents.
- Responsible for obtaining any missing documents, and arranges for errors to be corrected in a timely manner. Coordinates with members when document(s) need signatures or corrections.
- Maintains weekly contact with title companies and attorney offices to follow up on closed packages, recorded security instruments and final title policies.
- Responsible for timely and accurately updating PENFED’s automated system (UNIFI) to enable proper reports to be generated.
- Records and files all incoming security instruments and final title policies in the UNIFI loan audit screens.
- Coordinates the imaging of the complete legal files.
- Makes certain that legal files are sent and received by Loan Document Custodian.
- Submits closed VA loans to the Department of Veterans Affairs for guaranty and submits payment information for the VA funding fee using the VA online system. .
- Serves as primary support to PENFED Operations employees in answering inquiries and providing information on closed loans.
- Gathers and prepares documentation required for FNMA and VA audits for final review.
- Assist the Equity post-closing department with the follow up and corrections of legal documents as necessary.
- Assists with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Associates degree in related field or a combination of education and experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of two years’ experience processing mortgage loans is required. Experience should include processing and closing. Knowledge of PenFed mortgage loan products and online systems preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, multi-state and investor mortgage policies and regulations is required.
- Strong mathematical, oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent follow-up skills and attention to detail required. Note: If an employee is in a bilingual position, their responsibilities will cover both English and Spanish speaking assignments related to the job duties listed in this job description. They must also speak fluent Spanish and may be required to pass a Spanish language proficiency test.
This position will not supervise employees.
There are no additional certifications required.
Founded in 1935, and still growing, we began as the War Department Federal Credit Union. Today, PenFed is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.5 million members and over $21 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as on military bases in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.