Card Fraud Specialist
PenFed is hiring for a Card Fraud Specialist in Alexandria, VA. The incumbent processes all necessary forms and paperwork in the filing of complex ATM/card fraud claims, handles incoming and outgoing member calls, and provides guidance and training when necessary. Handles correspondence within the Card Fraud Investigations Department and completes assigned reports. Balances daily branch activity. Assists with the operation of the overall program. Provides backup to fraud and disputes team as necessary.Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Investigate and researche fraudulent ATM/Debit/Credit Card claims Research discrepancies, accumulate all necessary information and take appropriate action to stop, and where possible, prevent fraud losses
- Maintain tracking log of cases for auditing and daily case management purposes
- Resolve fraudulent ATM/Debit/Credit Card claims in accordance with Reg E/Z, network/association rules and internal PenFed policies
- Resolve member problems within delegated limits, including but not limited to refunding fees, monetary and non-monetary adjustments and engages with member as necessary
- Provide assistance and training to less experienced staff members as required
- Maintain thorough knowledge of ATM Networks, VISA Amex and MasterCard regulations and operating procedures to assure timely resolution of chargeback and potential chargeback items
- Engage with vendors to resolve outstanding issues concerning, payments and fraud claims
- Complete daily assigned report cases, as well as regular fraud claim cases
- Complete Suspicious Activity Reports as needed
Associate’s Degree preferred
Knowledge of ATM debit/credit card operations, in areas such as risk mitigation, chargebacks, dispute/fraud, and/or loss prevention
Skill in comprehending and analyzing data and identifying trends and drawing conclusions
Two years work experience in ATM, debit or credit card operations, at least a portion of which is credit card chargeback and fraud experience.
Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
This position will mentor employees.