ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT FOR INSTRUCTION
- Holds a master’s degree in education or related area; doctorate preferred
- Holds or is eligible for the Virginia Postgraduate Professional License with endorsement in administration and supervision
- Has significant experience in public school administration and/or supervision positions with principalship experience
- Has demonstrated the professional and personal characteristics necessary for working effectively with school personnel and members of the community
The Assistant Superintendent for Instruction is responsible for curriculum development and instructional supervision for the Loudoun County Public Schools.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the operations of the Department of Instruction; directs the formulation of a philosophy and objectives for the instruction program
- Interprets the present curriculum, proposed curriculum, and instructional programs for the School Board, the staff, news media, general public, and other interested parties
- Assumes a leadership role in developing the curriculum for any course newly mandated by the Legislature or the Board; keeps abreast of curriculum and instruction development and provides leadership in these areas
- Coordinates and guides long- and short-term instructional planning for the School Division; studies, evaluates, and recommends adoption of new instructional programs, materials, supplies, and equipment
- Oversees the evaluation of the performance of school principals as well as supervisors and directors assigned to the Department of Instruction
- Develops the Department of Instruction budget; assists in the preparation of the annual budget of the School Division
- Attends Board meetings and prepares reports for the School Board as the Superintendent may request
- Performs related work as required and all other duties as directed by the Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent for Instruction reports to the Division Superintendent and serves as a member of the Superintendent’s Cabinet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This employee would operate in a professional office environment and maintain a work schedule to meet the demands of executive management. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and filing cabinets. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).
THIS POSTING WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Salary Range: $170,000 - $190’s
12 Month Administrative Position (FLSA Exempt)
DAYS: FROM - TO -