SPECIALIZED INSTRUCTIONAL FACILITATOR - ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY
6 days left
- Full Time
- Master's Degree in special education or related services such as occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech-language pathology preferred.
- Successful experience in the field of Special Education with the Implementation of Assistive Technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of the effective usage and integration of both educational technology and Assistive Technology
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategies to increase accessibility to instruction for students with disabilities.
- Effective organizational abilities and time management skills.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills for working effectively with teachers, administrators, parents, and students.
- Experienced Microsoft Office Suite user including accessibility features.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The Specialized Instructional Facilitator - Assistive Technology is responsible for working directly with special education staff on the effective use and integration of technology to support the needs of diverse learners in accordance with requirements within the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) in collaboration with Department of Instruction staff.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with implementation of strategies and tools to provide access for students with disabilities to instructional and educational materials across environments for full participation in division initiatives and instructional programs. *This covers all existing and new initiatives including universal screening regardless of the tool we select.
- Provides collaboration and evaluation services for school staff and students with a foundation in both the Universal Design for Learning Framework and the Student, Environment, Task, and Tools (SETI) Framework to support Personalized Learning and participation in CAT for instruction and assessment.
- Delivers division-wide training in a variety of formats to provide professional learning for school staff to build capacity for providing greater accessibility and resources at the school level.
- Plans and conducts collaborative model lessons that demonstrate the use of assistive technology in instruction with a focus on division instructional initiatives including Personalized Learning, Measures of Academic Performance (MAP), and Project-Based Learning within the One to the World framework.
- Actively participates in collaboration with other division personnel including Technology Resource Teachers and school-based staff to support accessibility for students with disabilities.
- Provides direct support and individual assistance with provision of appropriate AT resources.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Specialized Instructional Facilitator - Assistive Technology reports directly to the Supervisor, Special Education, Assistive Technology.
OTHER INFORMATION: PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
LICENSED APPLICANTS MUST UPDATE THEIR APPLICATION TO INDICATE WHICH POSITION(S) THEY ARE APPLYING FOR. IF YOU HAVE NOT SUBMITTED A NEW RESUME WITHIN A YEAR AND/OR CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE, PLEASE SUBMIT AN UPDATED RESUME.
OPEN UNTIL FILLEDAPPLY TO:
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Salary Range: Refer to
207 Day Position, 7 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -