Office of Compliance and Fraud Prevention
Regular, Exempt, 100%% Full Time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Account Analyst in the Office of Compliance and Fraud Prevention. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Compliance and Fraud, the Account Analyst will be responsible for monitoring and reviewing electronic accounts, reports, documentation, and transactional data to identify singular cases or trends in fraud activity. The Account Analyst reviews, investigates, and resolves irregular transactions and identifies business areas that require increased security controls. The Account Analyst keeps detailed records of suspicious activity and communicates suspicious activity and security threats to management.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Monitoring and reviewing electronic accounts, reports, documentation, and transactional activity
- Collaborate with colleagues in involved departments regarding individual student issues or groups of students suspected of fraudulent activity resulting in a resolution or closure
- Handling student escalations/communicating with students
- Creating and electronically filing detailed files
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Management, Criminal Justice, Management Information Systems or related field
- Minimum of two years of work experience in higher education or dealing with information security controls or fraud prevention
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Analytical and problem-solving skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working in financial aid or student accounts office
- PeopleSoft 9.0 student financials or financial aid
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you are required to create an account prior to completing your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to check on the status of your application or to apply to additional jobs.