Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer/Designer
6 days left
- Full Time
Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer/Designer Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking a Plumbing & Fire Protection Engineer/Designer for our Fairfax, VA Headquarters. Duties will include plumbing/fire protection system design, drawing production, specification writing, discipline coordination between the various trades, shop drawing and submittal reviews, construction site reviews, and code/peer reviews. Successful candidate will work within a fast paced team oriented environment on a variety of project types and sizes. The work may include the design of base building and tenant interior systems on government, commercial, retail, mixed-use, residential, healthcare, highrise, and various other types of projects. Successful candidate may be requested to participate in plumbing/fire protection opportunities in other Dewberry offices. Duties may also include the oversight and management of younger staff, review of plumbing/fire projection systems designed by others, interface with code officials and contractors, working with architects and clients, and working with others within the Dewberry organization. Pursuit of registrations, accreditations, and continuing education related to Dewberry areas of practice will be encouraged including USGBC LEED Accreditation, ASPE CPD certification, and Professional Engineering license. Educational and exam costs will be reimbursed in accordance with Dewberry Employee Handbook and Company Policies. Excellent opportunity for experienced engineer ready to take the next step in their career.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in plumbing and fire protection system design for commercial, government, healthcare, and high-rise residential projects;
- ASPE Certified in Plumbing (CPD) preferred;
- BSME or Arch Engineering degree preferred;
- Virginia, Maryland, or DC PE license preferred;
- LEED Accreditation preferred;
- Federal Government Security Clearance preferred.
- Must have experience in performing plumbing and fire protection calculations, equipment selections, and system design for listed project types.
- Must have experience designing with AutoCAD MEP and Building Information Modeling (BIM) experience using Revit MEP. Experience with Navisworks would be a plus.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, drive and determination.