Principal Information Security Analyst
The candidate will work in a Security Operations Center to analyze network traffic, large sets of log data, and other relevant security events to identify malicious activity. This includes, but is not limited to establishing normalized traffic and data flow baselines to identify anomalies; as well as developing technical theories based on threat intelligence. Candidate will also need to be able to identify techniques, tactics and procedures used by adversaries, and based on the behavior patterns identified by findings. Candidate will need to develop alerting criteria to improve the Incident Response capability.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; professional training or work experience.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Understanding of network traffic analysis, log analysis, PCAP Analysis, and scripting
- Ability to correlate events from multiple log sources
- Undergraduate degree in technology (Computer Science, IT) discipline preferred
- Candidate should have worked in a 24x7x365 Operational capability (IRT, CERT, CIRT, CERT, SOC, etc), or work experience in a related field: malware analysis, digital media analysis, reverse engineering code, or cyber threat intel.
- Communication and technical writing skills
- Attention to detail
- Desired Skills:
- GIAC Certified
- Knowledge of SIEM (ArcSight preferred), packet capture solutions, intrusion detection systems
- Attacker methodology and penetration testing
- Familiarity with network protocols (DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP)
- Experience with analyzing malware and extracting indicators/call outs
- Experience using a scripting language to solve Cyber Security challenges. (Python preferred)
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.