Junior Research Analyst and Writer
The Association for Talent Development (ATD), is the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations. These professionals take the knowledge, skills, and abilities of others and help them achieve their full potential.
We are currently seeking an individual with strong writing and research (both quantitative and qualitative) skills to join our Research Department. This individual will author cases and reports, conduct research, and assist with managing print and digital products through all phases of the research, production, and distribution processes.
Under the direction of our Research Manager, this individual will:
- Conduct primary and secondary research and associated statistical analysis
- Author surveys and manage survey data collection process
- Write publishable research study reports targeted at the senior business professional
- Source, author, and oversee placement of new case studies, including approaching and interviewing senior business professionals
- Manage social media presence and track appropriate use metrics
- Manage updates to websites and create new websites and web content, including webcasts and videos
- Manage day-to-day updates for products including online subscription products, and help launch new products
- Work directly with marketing, press, and production to distribute research products
- Deliver presentations directly to business professionals and partners
- Assist with ATD’s market and member survey efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Minimum 3 years professional (non-academic) experience in a related field required
- Expertise conducting primary/secondary research, analyzing data, and reporting findings required
- Very strong writing and editing skills with ability to distill and communicate complex information required
- Ability to pick up new technologies and platforms quickly required
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to meet tight deadlines required
- Demonstrated client service skills required
- Ability to handle confidential information and exercise sound judgment required
- Strong MS Office skills required (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Extreme attention to detail and follow through required
- Experience authoring case studies and interviewing subjects preferred.
- Experience with web design software and/or web update skills are a plus
- Experience with survey software and programming and statistical packages a plus
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the workplace learning and performance field and/or labor economics preferred
ATD provides an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Located within blocks of the King Street metro in Old Town, ATD helps with transportation costs (parking is free).
We appreciate all our applicants, but are unable to return phone calls and emails requesting details on the status of applications or the position. Applicants who bypass the recruitment process are not considered.
ATD is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Disabled/Veterans), and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Join the world’s largest association dedicated to those who develop talent in organizations and make a difference in your world.