Associate Director, Quality and Business Analysis
The Associate Director of Quality and Business Analysis leads ACHP’s analytic strategy that drives member organizations’ understanding of the care they provide for their communities. This individual designs and oversees both quantitative and qualitative assessments of health plan performance, with a dedicated focus in the areas of quality and pharmacy. The analysis and insights allow ACHP member plans to clearly understand the value of the care they provide and stay among the top rated health plans in the nation. The associate director collaborates closely with senior quality and pharmacy leaders to coordinate learning agendas that promote innovative thinking and solutions to the critical issues affecting member plans. The associate director also applies the knowledge learned through the data to quantify the impact of the key policy issues on ACHP’s advocacy agenda. Successful candidates will employ a thorough knowledge of quality measurement and health plan operations, experience with database and query software, as well as an understanding of analytic techniques to produce highly effective deliverables.
This individual should be passionate about high-quality, affordable care and be an idea-generator who can help ACHP and its members further these goals. The associate director position is a senior level role and a key player in the overall success of the organization, constantly identifying ways to improve our data analytics capabilities.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze public and member-reported health care datasets to better understand performance and identify improvement opportunities.
- Manage ACHP’s suite of quality and pharmacy databases, tools and resources.
- Develop analytic presentations to clearly and concisely convey insights for key internal and external audiences.
- Assist advocacy team in communicating data and research findings to policymakers, thought leaders and journalists.
- Build close member relationships through ongoing engagement with senior health plan leaders to identify the critical issues affecting performance.
- Develop and coordinate ACHP’s learning agenda for the Quality Leaders and Pharmacy Directors Collaboratives.
- Manage member work groups in the areas of CMS MA Star Ratings, Clinical Analytics as well as newly identified analytic and clinically-oriented topics of interest.
- Use knowledge of health plan and provider operations in combination with data-driven analyses to develop Learning and Innovation programs to improve ACHP member performance.
- Work closely with ACHP policy staff to advance the ACHP advocacy agenda on drug cost and public program quality rating system.
- Lead ACHP’s analytic team, identifying and implementing new data sources and analytic techniques.
- Serve as a liaison to the health care measurement community, including NCQA, PQA, and NQF.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, business, public health, nursing or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas strongly preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Significant project management experience.
- Quantitative skills that include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office applications and Tableau; ability to create Access or SQL databases.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- Strong familiarity with health plan quality rating systems, including those of NCQA and CMS.
- Advanced knowledge of health care markets including commercial and public lines of business.
- Understanding of health plan clinical operations; experience working at a health plan a plus.
- Ability to make the connections between health care policy and real-world business dynamics.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
APPLICATION PROCESS Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Associate Director, Quality and Business Analysis, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.