Principal Systems Engineer - TS SCI req'd
Manages the design of server and application architectures and the administrative operation and maintenance of server hardware and software. Maintains system security and establishes practices and procedures, monitors usage statistics and logs, monitors and remedies attempts to penetrate or corrupt server files. Develops baseline configurations and directs modification of configuration settings. Develops troubleshooting and incident response procedures. Troubleshoots system related problems. Provides team leadership and guidance to less experienced administrators. Provides direction to the Web Authors and Web Developers for the development of databases, interactive applets and custom graphics. Responsible for the training, motivation, discipline and performance evaluation of assigned employees. Remains current in operating systems/software analysis and technological developments and applications. Recommends future direction or projects to management. Provides expertise and direction in the development or modification of software programs and applications to enhance an operating system.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has experience with Storage, Virtualization, Windows, Unix, Altiris and McAfee
- Has full technical knowledge of all phases of systems engineering
- Excellent communication skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to engineers with less experience
- Can create effective and clear user manuals; must be able to write and evaluate highly complex programs that contribute to effective hardware and software operating systems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of systems engineering
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related systems egnineering experience.
- MCTIP Certification or equivalent required
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required