Administrator for Instruction and Student Support
The Administrators for Instruction and Student Support assist the Principal in the promotion of a positive school climate and the supervision and coordination of the total instructional program. This job reports to Lead Principal for Curriculum and Instruction.
- Education: Master's degree in related field.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one, with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision.
- Three years of teaching experience at the secondary level required.
- Two years of experience as a Secondary School Administrator preferred.
- Administrative and teaching experience related to working in socio-economically and culturally diverse school settings.
- Demonstrated expertise in evidence based curriculum design, assessment, and instructional practices.
- Documented experience in leading secondary educational program development and implementation, including professional development in evidence bases best practices for diverse student populations.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, administrators, families, and community members.
- Provides all aspects of support to ensure the viability of the instructional program for all students and ensures personalized service delivery.
- Coordinates with School Support Team members (e.g., counselors, social workers) to ensure students are supported and can be successful.
- Supports the implementation of Professional Learning Communities to ensure that students' academic progress is being monitored and supported.
- Ensures that there are no artificial barriers between student support and instructional leadership.
- Collaborates with Central Office to ensure the appropriate levels of support are available to all students.
- Provides appropriate and sustained professional learning to reinforce research-based best practices in curriculum implementation, instruction and assessment as well as differentiation and personalization.
- Collaborates with teachers to monitor the implementation of curriculum.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
This is a 12 month, 240 day position.