Associate Director, Communications
The National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions (NAFCU) seeks an Associate Director of Communications to write and edit content across the Association's communications vehicles and publications.
Who we are:
NAFCU is the leading trade association for America’s federally-insured credit unions. Our mission is to strengthen credit unions by providing our members and the credit union industry the absolute best in federal advocacy, education, and compliance assistance. Extreme member service and responsiveness is our hallmark.
Our team members are passionate about growth, innovation, and collaboration. We constantly are striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our members. If you have a growth mindset and enjoy challenging work, you probably are a great fit for our team!
Who you are:
You are a self-starter with strong writing, editing, and organizational skills and enjoy communicating in various media and various forms. You have an eye and ear for creative ways to communicate content to various audiences. You also have an understanding of business functions and an interest in credit unions and consumer financial services. You have the ability to prioritize a varied workload, balance multiple tasks and projects without missing deadlines, and work efficiently while generating high-quality work product. You thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and take pride in helping others, but you are able to work independently and see the work that has to be done.
What you'll do:
The Associate Director of Communications is primarily involved with news items for daily NAFCU Today and weekly UPDATE enewsletters, writing columns, departments, opinion pieces, commentaries, and speeches, as well as helping to coordinate development of the Association's communications efforts and managing development of the Association's magazine.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, or English.
- Five to seven years of experience as a writer/editor with a trade or news magazine. Experience with a financial institution or financial services trade association, highly desirable.
- Firm grasp of financial policy issues and knowledge of the congressional and federal regulatory process. Knowledge of credit union issues is a plus.
- A high degree of proficiency in writing, composition structure, and grammar; strong editing skills; familiarity with AP style.
- Familiarity with newsletter and magazine production processes.
- A strong team player with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to produce excellent results under deadline pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Outlook, and Adobe Photoshop; experience with Adobe InDesign desirable.
To apply, email your resume with (1) a cover letter and (2) salary requirements to email@example.com. EOE
Apply for Associate Director, Communications
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly