The Bipartisan Policy Center is a non-profit organization that combines the best ideas from both parties to promote health, security, and opportunity for all Americans. BPC drives principled and politically viable policy solutions through the power of rigorous analysis, painstaking negotiation, and aggressive advocacy.
As the only Washington, DC-based think tank that actively promotes bipartisanship, BPC works to address the key challenges facing the nation. Our policy solutions are the product of informed deliberations by former elected and appointed officials, business and labor leaders, and academics and advocates who represent both ends of the political spectrum. We are currently focused on health, energy, national and homeland security, the economy, housing, immigration, infrastructure, and governance.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Operations Assistant will provide primary support to the Operations Department, which includes Finance, IT, Human Resources, Operations, and Administration.
- Serve as contracts administration for BPC and BPC Action, working with project directors and senior management on completing contracts to full execution
- Oversee all outgoing and incoming consultant contracts; file and monitor the status of all contract agreements
- Serve as logistical liaison to the BPC and BPC Action Board of Directors
- Maintain updated contact lists and bios and develop strong relationship with BOD assistants
- Prepare for board meetings and conference call logistics and assemble briefing books
- Take meeting minutes for all BOD meetings and conference calls
Finance and Operations
- Provide strategic, high-level support to the Vice President of Finance and Administration to increase operational performance and efficiency of the organization
- Work with Vice President of Finance and Administration and Director of HR to create formal information sharing/communications content to regularly share information among projects and departments
- Track and maintain requirements of annual state solicitation filings for BPC and BPC Action
- Work with Director of HR and PGPF Foundation staff to plan, coordinate and implement the Peter G. Peterson Foundation fiscal policy summer internship program by acting as the primary point of contact for interns before, during and after the 10 week program, and developing a calendar of events to include full day orientation, educational outings, host scholar panels, trip to Foundation’s New York offices, social events and final presentations.
- Work with the Director of HR to organize and lead the Community Service Committee
- Provide additional support as needed to the Vice President of Finance and Administration and undertake special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of previous administrative experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience with contracts preferred
- Good time-management and attention to detail essential
- Ability to multi-task and communicate effectively a must
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Computer skills a must. Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include the title of this job, Operations Assistant, in the subject line of your email.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.