Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units.
4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning.
5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
5-8 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.