Human Subjects Research Assistant -Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center
7 days left
- Full Time
Summary: The Research Assistant is responsible for assisting with the performance of clinical investigation projects in a clinical setting, including recruitment of potential study subjects, collection and organization of data, scheduling patients for follow up appointments. Performs data entry for clinical investigation projects and maintains databases. Assists in the preparation of technical reports, summaries, and protocols. Maintains study related documents and supplies in the investigator’s office; secures, organizes and documents as required following all federal/ state regulations. Creates, collects, disseminates, maintains appropriate files of study data, and assists with review and completion of study manuals and SOPs. Screens consents and/or schedules potential research participants for testing or evaluation. Facilitates follow-up assessment reminders and scheduling.Extracts data from patient medical records; transcribes and resolves data queries in case report forms (hardcopy or electronic); prepares documents, under direction of project leaders; reports statistical analyses and descriptive data from patient's study books to be used in research/clinical investigations/studies reports. Maintains awareness and compliance of research regulatory issues. Communicates regularly with study team, under direction of project leaders, via email and conference calling as needed. Education
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Human Subjects training required.
- 0-2 years’ experience in research/clinical investigations/studies required.
- Prior experience within the DoD/VA systems of care strongly preferred.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions required.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills required.
- This person must adhere to legal, professional and ethical codes with respect to confidentiality and privacy.
- Must be U.S Citizen / Must be able to obtain a National Security Clearance