Biological Technician I (WRAIR Malaria Serology Lab)
GDIT is seeking a Biological Technician I to support WRAIR's Malaria Serology Laboratory (MSL). The contractor shall assist in the conduct analysis of samples from preclinical and clinical studies to test and evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of malaria vaccine candidates. Specifically, the contractor shall:
- Assist in assay development.
- Perform data analysis when instructed by the principal investigator
- Ensure sample and supply inventories are maintained and stocked, to include management of the Malaria Vaccine Branch’s 21 CFR, Part 11 compliant electronic freezer inventory database;
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times, ensuring all contractor employees are fully trained on safety measures and procedures; It may be necessary for the contractor to travel off site to perform functions related to the offsite freezer farm. These duties may include, but are not limited to: processing and storage of specimen collections and/or retrieval of specimen, while maintaining accurate documentation of offsite freezer inventory.
- Perform serological assays to evaluate vaccine induced responses and report results, statistics and graphical presentations; and
- Maintain and operate Government owned equipment (ELISA plate washers and readers, BIAcore affinity measurement equipment (such as the Attana), flow cytometers, cell counters, cell sorters, array reader, microfluidizer, fermentor, centrifuges, imaging systems, microscopes).