Deputy Assistant Administrator for Human Resource Management
Assistant Administrator for Human Resource Management
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - In accordance with applicable FAA Travel regulations, full relocation benefits will be paid (actual expenses).
As a basic requirement for entry into the FAA Executive System, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and is directly related to the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined under the Leadership and Technical Requirements listed below.
In addition to the minimum qualifications, the following has been determined to be a selective factor for this position. This means possession of this criterion is part of the minimum qualifications and is essential to perform the duties and responsibilities of this position. Applicants who do not possess this criterion are ineligible for further consideration.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT: Do you have experience in achieving operational results? If so, provide examples of ways you have exercised leadership to deliver significant results. Explain how you established goals, assessed outcomes, and improved products and services. Indicate how you identified and met customers' requirements and addressed the needs of stakeholders. Include examples of complex problems you solved or difficult obstacles that you overcame as a leader. Your description should include (1) the size and complexity of organizations you have led, (2) the scope of programs you have managed, and (3) the impact of your results on customers and other stakeholders.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT: Do you have experience leading people? If yes, describe the size of the organization and number and types of positions you have managed. Discuss ways that you have established and maintained positive work environments and prevented or eliminated discrimination or harassment. Describe ways that you have mentored and developed employees and built individual and team performance. Discuss how you have established and led teams to deliver products and services. Include in your description experience in leading others in a matrix environment across organizations.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT: Do you have experience building relationships? If yes, describe (1) the types of individuals with whom you routinely collaborate; and (2) the purpose and outcomes of the communication. Discuss your experience in communicating and cooperating with others to achieve goals. Provide examples of how you have built relationships to achieve consensus and how you were able to obtain the cooperation of others with competing priorities and perspectives. Describe how you effectively communicate information within and outside of your organization.
- LEADERSHIP REQUIREMENT: Do you have experience leading strategic change? If yes, describe examples of strategic changes that you led for your organization; describe the entities that the change affected (agency, industry, organizational components). Discuss obstacles you encountered and how you overcame them to the benefit of the agency. Include in your description ways that you applied long-range vision, developed strategies, and applied innovative ideas and techniques.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT: Do you possess the ability to direct a large, complex, geographically dispersed Federal Human Resources organization through strategic human capital management theory and practices with experience leading human resource management programs to drive systemic change? This includes knowledge of compensation and benefits; recruitment and staffing; labor and employee relations; workforce planning; training; and automated personnel systems. If yes, provide examples of your knowledge and experience.
- TECHNICAL REQUIREMENT: Do you have experience leading and implementing strategic business processes to include the development of measurable performance goals, metrics, and benchmarks? If yes, please provide examples of your knowledge and experience.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.