Associate Satellite Payload Engineer
6 days left
- Full Time
An Equal Opportunity Employer
No. Vacancies: 1.00
Department: 16150.Satellite Engineering
Location: McLean, VA
Travel %: Less than 10%
Education: Four-year college degree
Equivalency: Equivalent combination of education & experience not considered
Does this position have direct reports: No
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
The successful candidate will help support the satellite payload engineering staff while studying and gaining experience to gain more experience in payload engineering operations.
**THIS POSITION REQUIRES ITAR ACCESS - Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident or U.S. Aslyees**
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering.
- Course work establishing fundamental engineering knowledge required for satellite operations: basic physics, basic electronics, and basic mechanical and basic computer operation.
- Experience in performing analysis in Excel and/or Matlab.
- Experience with Visual Basic a plus.
- Computer skills in the field of programming, database applications and web languages a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in programming/operations languages a plus
- Participation in school project demonstrating creative problem solving, teamwork, and thoroughness a plus.
- Job experience in applicable engineering discipline a plus
Will support the operations of Intelsat's satellite fleet by providing support to the Payload and TC&R-RF Subsystems. Specific tasks will include:
- Assist with reconfiguring subsystems to support operational and test requirements;
- Assist in preparing operational, contingency and emergency plans;
- Help to evaluate subsystem state of health;
- Help support investigations of in-orbit anomalies;
- Assist to conduct special tests to verify subsystem performance
Assist with the generation of software and hardware requirements for systems supporting the operation of the Payload/TC&R Subsystems (for new and existing satellites)
Help to perform functional check-out of the implemented Payload/TC&R-RF systems
During in-orbit tests, assist with the payload reconfigurations and ground test equipment
- This position requires ITAR access; all candidates must be US Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.