Paraprofessional II - Learners with Autism Spectrum Disorders (2017-2018)
7 days left
- Full Time
The Autism Paraprofessional II (Special Education) assists in the specialized instruction of students with autism spectrum disorders under the supervision of a licensed teacher in a special education classroom; observes and documents student progress; implements plans for instruction and reinforcement of skills. The autism paraprofessional observes and documents student progress; implements plans for instruction, and implements behavioral plans as directed by the teacher.
- Education: 48 college credits or an AA degree, or be able to demonstrate college level skills in spelling, reading, writing and math by passing a proficiency test.
- Certificates & Licenses: Formal training or certification in ABA is highly preferred.
- Experience: Position requires experience and/or additional training in the instruction of students with autism spectrum disorders.
- Adapts classroom activities, assignments and/or materials under the direction of the teacher to provide an opportunity for the student to participate in classroom activities.
- Implements intervention strategies and supports (visual aids, prompting strategies, reinforcement systems, communication tools, etc.) as directed by the teacher to address student goals.
- Documents student progress or behavioral observations using objective measures and records data as directed by the teacher.
- Confers with teachers on a regular basis to assist in evaluating student progress and/or implementing IEP goals.
- Implements academic instruction taught by a teacher to meet learning goals, as described by an IEP.
- Implements strategies to maximize practice opportunities for social and communication skills and emotional regulation to promote short and long-term independence as directed by the teacher.
- Implements behavioral plans designed by IEP team for students with behavior disorders or other special conditions to meet special education students' needs and provide a consistent environment.
- Maintains instructional materials and/or student files/records (e.g. adapting instructional materials).
- Accepts feedback from teachers and related service providers to ensure accurate and consistent implementation of educational techniques or strategies.
- Communicates and collaborates to foster a positive learning environment.
- Effectively communicates with adults and students.
- Attends meetings and in-service presentations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned, to ensure the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.