Video Producer/Media Specialist II
Video Producer / Media Specialist III
University Marketing and Communications
Classified, Exempt, Full-Time or Quasi Full-Time Position #00469
Longwood University is an institution of higher learning dedicated to the development of citizen leaders who are prepared to make positive contributions to the common good of society. In support of this mission, we invite qualified applicants to apply for the position of Video Producer / Media Specialist III within the University Marketing and Communications department.
The Video Producer should be a talented and extremely motivated individual that is truly excited to help bring the university’s brand to life through creative and visual storytelling. This individual will build and lead a dependable team of student workers, as well as work closely with the rest of the marketing team, to help set and accomplish strategic content goals consistent with the tone and strategy outlined in Longwood’s brand guide. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Plan and develop—from concept to final edit—a variety of creative videos (news features, human interest stories and profiles, event recaps, short-form videos, promotional videos, etc) utilizing a variety of styles (live action, animation/motion graphics, stop motion, etc) for social media, web sites and other communication avenues that will help tell Longwood’s story and engage internal and external audiences
- Capture video at university events as needed to help support marketing goals
- Build and manage a dependable team of skilled student videographers/editors (as well as an outside collection of freelancers if needed) to help accomplish content goals and cover events as needed
- Manage and maintain Longwood’s YouTube account, as well as an offline archive of digital video and stock footage
- Coordinate an ongoing calendar of videography, and confer with the rest of the marketing team to determine video needs and recommend solutions
- Assist with still photography as needed
- Remain mission and goal-oriented, placing the brand and strategic marketing needs first
- Other duties as assigned by AVP of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Professional experience or training in video production
- Must demonstrate strong creative talents with working knowledge of advanced videography principles and techniques; motion graphics skills preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively under pressure and deal with multiple priorities
- Must demonstrate the ability to conceptualize new and creative ideas, set and achieve goals, learn and become proficient with new equipment and software, and work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate well with diverse audiences
- Strong portfolio showcasing high quality, creative and engaging video. Portfolio must demonstrate advanced videography principles and techniques. Portfolios that showcase variety preferred.
Pay Band 4, minimum starting salary of $32,619.Commonwealth of Virginia benefits accompany this position. A successful criminal background investigation is required. Position will be posted a minimum of five days. Review of applications will begin immediately. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Submit a completed Commonwealth of Virginia application online at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. Applicants must include all qualifications and work history on the State application. A link to the applicant’s online portfolio must be included in the state application or attached resume. Consideration for an interview is based solely on the information within the application. Resumes will not substitute for a complete application.
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Longwood University will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodations to applicants in need of accommodations in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If, however, you require accommodations in the application and/or interview process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 434-395-2074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Annual Fire and Security Report(s) include campus security information, campus fire statistics, safety procedures, and provides statistics for criminal and disciplinary offenses. The report(s) are provided annually in compliance with the Clery Act and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA). Longwood University’s Annual Safety and Security report and the Annual Fire Safety report is available at: http://solomon.longwood.edu/media/police/solomon/ASA-2015-2016.pdf. A hard copy of the Annual Security and Fire Safety reports and/or a copy of the Fire Log are maintained at the Longwood Police Office and will be provided upon request.
A diversified workforce is an important part of our strategic plan. EOE/AA (05/19/2017)