Temporary Human Resources Assistant for Call Center (HR Experience Required)
TEMPORARY POSITION The Health and Civilian Solutions Division of GDIT is hiring for a temporary Human Resources Assistant to support our call center in Phoenix, Arizona. This is a temporary position that will last approximately 14 weeks from July 2017 through early October 2017. The HR Assistant will support the human resources function by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. The responsibilities of the HR Assistant include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative support to one or more functional areas of human resources, such as recruiting, employee relations, compensation, benefits, or professional development.
- Processes personnel actions in PeopleSoft, ResumeWare, or other software applications and prepares required documentation.
- Sets up and maintains employee files.
- May perform resume data entry and prepare offer letters.
- Performs clerical tasks such as copying, faxing, filing, word processing, and data entry.
- Prepares new hire orientation packages and other related documents.
- May assist in the facilitation of new hire orientation sessions.
- May process employment verifications for loans and unemployment claims.
- Answers routine employee inquiries, and refers complex questions to appropriate human resource staff members.
- Answers telephones and provides support for Human Resources staff as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of related administrative experience is required
- HR experience is required
- Strong Excel skills are required
- Strong organization skills are required
- Experience working with the Maricopa County Trip Reduction Program is strongly preferred