Manager - HR Systems & Reporting
Job Title: Manager - HR Systems & Reporting
Job ID: 170282 Location: DC -Jackson Graham Bldg-7th Fl
Posting Open-Close 05/26/2017
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Description
All WMATA posted job openings are available through 11:59 pm the night before the noted Close Date. To ensure successful submission of application applicants are encouraged to apply well before this cut-off. The noted Close Date is the date on which the posting is automatically removed from the website as of 12:00am at which time submission of an application is no longer possible. (WMATA reserves the right to remove postings at any time without notice as business needs demand.)
Department Marketing Statement:
Are you energetic and enjoy working in a highly collaborative, problem-solving environment? We are a spirited and positive team in search for a PeopleSoft HCM Functional Manager who can support us in challenging the status quo and provide operational excellence as we prepare for our 9.2 Upgrade later this year.
- Bachelor's Degree required Human Resources, Business Administration, Information Systems Management/Computer Science or a related field.
- Or in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, an additional four (4) years of experience in managing, supervising, administering, and evaluating HR systems. Experience with business analysis tools (MS Visio; MS Word; MS Excel).
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in managing, supervising, administering, and evaluating HR systems in a web application environment or similar work on applications in a PeopleSoft environment. Experience with business analysis tools (MS Visio; MS Word; MS Excel).
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
As a key member of the Human Resources Information Management (HRIM) leadership team, this role is responsible for maximizing the business value of our HR Technology investments by leveraging system functionality, optimizing process efficiencies, and strengthening data integrity.
The Manager, HR Systems and Reporting provides effective leadership, direction and motivation to the team of PeopleSoft HCM Administrators and Reporting Analysts who deliver end-to-end support and continuous enhancements to the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) System and related reporting.
The incumbent will work with the team to proactively engage and consult with HR leadership and key stakeholders to ensure the systems and underlying data are meeting current needs while developing plans to meet future business needs. The Manager develops strong working relationships with key stakeholders and collaborates with the Authority’s Information Technology Department (IT) to ensure the operations and maintenance of the HCM system, including application access, reporting, and interfaces with other systems, meets customers’ current and future needs.
A key focus for this position will be to support the HRIM Director in maintaining the HR Technology Business Plan, internal HCM Governance Processes, Program Management and Data Quality Assurance standards and practices.
- Promote proactive approaches leveraging technology to solve business needs, implement policies, and ensure continuity and successful delivery of functional services to users throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership role and actively participate in all systems lifecycle activities.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to ensure effective delivery of HR applications cross-departmentally.
- Consult with senior management on system related issues and provide guidance and solutions.
- Accountable for the functional maintenance of company-wide HCM system administration, reporting, and analytics.
- Conduct system audits to ensure data security, quality and compliance.
- Coach and develop staff to meet and exceed customer expectations, Service Level Agreements, follow industry standards and best practices for production support.
- Deliver and complete the HR Technology Business Plan goals in collaboration with the HR Leadership team, Finance/Payroll, and IT.
- Maintain awareness of current trends in HRMS and other related HR Technology with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies.
- Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Through classes, reading, Computer Based Training (CBT) or other mechanisms, continuously increase both HR knowledge and HRIM application/tools knowledge.
- Participate in user group meetings/conferences and network with other companies and profession organizations.
- Remain current on human capital issues, pending legislation, and industry practices.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview .