Entry-level Land Surveyor
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century. Dewberry is currently seeking responsible, highly motivated, and detail oriented individuals to join our Land Surveying department in the Northern Virginia area as an Entry Level Land Surveyor to serve our Mid-Atlantic territory. Applicant must be able to work in a team environment as a member of a survey crew assisting in the performance of boundary, ALTA, topographic, right-of way acquisition, transmission line, transportation, and construction surveys utilizing the latest equipment and surveying technology. The position has opportunity for advancement for motivated individuals willing to learn the skills and technology required of a Land Surveyor.
- Assist the field supervisor with all aspects of the daily crew workload.
- Work in a safe manner and obey all safety regulations.
- Ensure safekeeping of equipment.
- Ensure that vehicles are supplied and kept in an orderly fashion ready for duty.
- Experience helpful but not necessary.
- Must have a High School Diploma (Minimum).
- Must have good Mathematical skills.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to pass a driving record check.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is a plus.
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains. Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing and able to travel for extended periods.
- Experience with Electric Transmission and Oil and Gas Transmission projects a plus.