Major Gifts Director #114897
Duties and responsibilities
This position is responsible for securing funds for the Universities at Shady Grove by identifying, qualifying, and managing a group of assigned donors and assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. This position will be critical to the Department of Advancement, as it will build valuable campus relationships with our partners and potential donors. The incumbent will also design donor growth strategies and messaging for all marketing channels. Responsibilities include prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Director will work closely with USM partners and their respective fundraising goals, priorities, and prospects. The Director will also work on behalf of USG with community organizations and on community outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of seven years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience raising major gifts of at least $10,000 and/or achieving annual fundraising targets of $1,500,000.
- Proven track record in securing gifts, grants, sponsorships. Ability to manage administrators working together to develop compelling proposals.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated ability to make persuasive written and oral presentations.
- Ability to be self-directed, set goals, and design and implement strategies to achieve them.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to create and execute individual plans for each donor prospect.
- Ability to personally relate to and interact with diverse donors, prospects, community leaders, partners and colleagues.
- Driver’s License, personal vehicle and willingness to travel.
- Ability to use donor relation management and wealth screening systems such as Advance.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Montgomery County region and individuals of influence.
- Senior level experience in development, fundraising, and/or public relations.
- Experience planning and executing fundraising events.
- Experience in writing and submitting funded grant proposals.
- Able to develop budgets to support funding requests.
- Experience preparing regular reports in timely manner.
- Ability to project the mission, goals, and values of USG.
- Ability to maintain a positive and constructive attitude when solving problems, addressing challenges and/or addressing competing priorities.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- This position is located in Rockville, MD.
- Benefits offered: The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including 22 Days Annual Leave; 15 Days Sick Leave; 3 Days Personal Leave; 15 Paid Holidays; Tuition Remission; Health, Dental, Vision and Prescription coverage.