Vice President, External Relations
5 days left
- Full Time
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Vice President, External Relations
The National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), a national organization dedicated to creating a social, political and economic environment in which violence against women no longer exists, is seeking a Vice President of External Relations to lead our communications, development, and strategic relationships, and to lead the organization as part of NNEDV’s Executive Team.
The VP of External Relations will be an ambassador for the organization and will have and build relationships with allied women's rights and social justice organizations, private foundations, corporate partners, and other stakeholders to increase their understanding of and support of our work to end domestic violence. The VP of External Relations will set and lead the vision and direction for creating and leveraging partnerships (e.g., financial, private and public institutions, community support etc.) to support and deliver on our mission of ending domestic violence.
The VP of External Relations will also oversee member engagement and fundraising, and collaborate with all NNEDV teams to define an effective communications strategy to advance public awareness and change the attitudes that condone or ignore violence against women. This role would suit an individual of outstanding ability and integrity with broad and deep experience in communications, fundraising, member engagement, strategic relationships, and movement leadership.
This is a full-time, hands-on, Washington D.C. based, exempt position reporting to NNEDV's President and CEO. The VP of External Relations will work closely with all departments and teams, and contribute to the stewardship of the organization, both internally and externally, promoting a culture of high performance, cross-team collaboration, continuous improvement and a commitment to quality.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Fifteen or more years of senior-level leadership and management experience.
- Strong relationships with women's and social justice organizations that are not DV-specific.
- Strong relationships with government, private foundations, and/or corporations.
- A high degree of personal initiative and proven interpersonal and team skills.
- Specific experience in building and engaging nonprofit membership
- Specific experience in nonprofit fundraising and grants.
- Proven success in interactions with local and national media.
- Analytical aptitude and experience in the development and evaluation of strategies and tactics for reaching diverse constituencies.
- Outstanding communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining relationships with partners, donors, decision makers, staff, nonprofit and government agencies; and in the ability to build bridges between key constituencies
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Office (particularly Excel and Word) and online content management systems.
- An ardent respect for domestic violence survivors.
- Commitment to the organization's mission and to a diverse, egalitarian workplace.
- Flexibility, a sense of humor, and the ability to work quickly and nimbly under pressure.
- Ability to serve as an NNEDV spokesperson, as needed.
Location: This position offers a flexible and collegial working environment in our new offices on Thomas Circle in downtown Washington, DC, near McPherson Square Metro. Minimal travel required.
Anticipated Salary Range, based on qualifications and experience:
$105,000 - $130,000
Benefits: NNEDV pays the entire cost for each employee’s Health, Dental, Life, and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance. NNEDV contributes 3% to each employee’s 401k retirement plan (no match required). NNEDV provides 17 paid holidays (including the last full week of each year), three weeks of personal leave, and 10 days of sick leave each year. NNEDV offers vision insurance at a nominal cost.
Please combine into a single PDF and email the below items: (No mail or faxes)
(a) cover letter
(c) salary expectations, and
(d) a short (2-3 pp) writing sample that illustrates or describes your commitment to social justice
Please also paste your cover letter into the body of the email. Please send the combined PDF to Kim Gandy at: Employment@nnedv.org (No mail or faxes please.)
The position will remain open until filled, but priority will be given to applications received on or before June 6, 2017.T
NNEDV is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage your application to join our highly accomplished team!
Apply for Vice President, External Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly