Director of School and Community Programs
3 days left
- Full Time
Oversees the planning and implementation of the School and Community Programs Department, from local to national, including DC School and Community Initiatives, Changing Education Through the Arts (CETA), Partners in Education, Any Given Child, and as an operational lead to the Turnaround Arts partnership.
Director oversees strategic visioning and the creation of a cohesive plan and apporach for all school partnerships, teacher training, and work with teaching artists. This individual establishes partnerships, metrics, and initiatives to further the Kennedy Center's reach.
Duties and Responsibilities:
55% Supervises all aspects of National Partnerships, Any Given Child, DCSCI, CETA, and serves as liaison to Turnaround Arts partnership
10% Any Given Child leadership and facilitation
10% Strategic Planning and metrics (reach, implementation, and effectiveness measures)
5% Partnerships and member management
5% Turnaround Arts (internal liaison/guidance)
5% Award management
5% Staff management, development, etc...
5% Budget, procurement, contracts, and resource management
- Should possess a graduate degree in the arts and/or education and must have a minimum of ten years of experience in the field of arts education and arts administration.
- Must have a working knowledge of the performing arts and experience managing arts education programs, as well as experience in budget management and finance.
- Should have proficient writing and editing skills, as well as excellent communication skills. Must be strong public speaker.
- Must have strong customer service skills and a demonstrated strength in problem-solving.
Minimum Skills and/or Knowledge Required:
- Detail any specific knowledge, skills, certifications, or abilities needed to perform the job not encompassed in the above categories.
- Must be able to facilitate or lead meetings of colleagues and other professionals.
- Must be a strong strategic and aspirational planner, with the ability to manage multiple work streams and multiple teams.
The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts is a world premier performing arts organization and our nation’s cultural center. Diversity is a critical component of our mission, vision, and values. Our staff exhibits a wide variety of perspectives and experiences which enable us to foster and strengthen an environment of diversity and inclusion.