Senior Executive Assistant
4 days left
- Full Time
Responsible for providing executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Senior Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact to internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President.
May be responsible for one or more of the following:
- Completes a broad variety of tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Works independently and manages special projects, at the request of the President and other leaders of the Madison Marquette Team, which may include creating, planning and coordinating multiple presentations and disseminating information.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs: handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Communicates directly on the behalf of the President, with executive committee members, company leaders, leaders of the Madison Marquette Team, employees, and others, on matters related to President's programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Serves as liaison with executive committee, Madison Marquette leadership team and other departments and outside agencies; including all executive-level staff.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and internal departments; demonstrates leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior leadership.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the President some of which may have organizational impact.
- Drafts acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President's ability to effectively lead the Company.
- Participates as an adjunct member of the executive team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Coordinates the agenda of the senior management team meetings, off-sites, and staff meetings while maintaining the corporate calendar.
- Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans
- Responsible for assembling and coordinating completion of quarterly board meeting materials.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in an Executive Assistant role or equivalent, with a minimum of 5 years supporting a C-Suite executive.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to handle highly confidential information and situations discretely.
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Excellent phone and organization skills.
- Independent judgment is required to manage, prioritize, and organize a diverse workload with an ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multitask.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge of word processing, graphics, spreadsheets, database, and creating presentations in Power Point.
- Strong proofreading skills
- Proven record of providing both internal and external customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior level office support staff.
- Excellent attitude, attendance and punctuality.
- Some travel to off-site meeting/events may be required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Involves work of a general office nature; typically includes extended periods at sitting and/or operation of a computer to up to 8 hours a day.
- May involve periods of standing, such as operating at a copier/fax/scanner.
- Regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to write and type.
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented orally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and orally so others will understand.
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, graphics, and computer displays.
The above referenced position summary is a guideline design to present an overview of the job duties and is not intended to be comprehensive list of responsibilities and requirements.