Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Georgetown University’s Human Resources Department is seeking a Human Resources Administrative Assistant. The HR Administrative Assistant will provide critical support to the Human Resources Recruitment & Employment Team to enable this organization to provide a high level of full life-cycle recruitment and employment support services to departments throughout the University. This position will also provide support for the University Director of Recruitment and Employment, including calendar and email management. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Recruitment & Employment. This is a mid-entry level temporary position with the possibility of temp-to-hire.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Work closely with other Recruitment & Employment Team members in all matters relating to recruitment, employment, and onboarding initiatives and projects.
- Assist in the posting of positions on the Georgetown University career site and initiation of the hire process for the selected candidates.
- Provide a high level of customer service and expert guidance to hiring departments with Human Resources documentation and processes for new hires.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for job applicant inquiries.
- Handles the required District of Columbia and Federal workplace postings to ensure they are complete and updated at designated locations throughout the University.
- Manage the full life cycle of employee background checks and the University’s Protection of Minors Policy.
- Scan University personnel files into PeopleDoc, the University’s document management system.
- Handle document management and retention in compliance with HR records retention policies
- Serve as the primary backup to the I-9 Analyst.
- Provide as-needed backup for the Human Resources/Benefits front desk reception.
- Provide as-needed support to other Human Resources team projects.
- Schedule conference rooms and assist with coordination of new employee orientation.
- Provide administrative support to the University Director of Employment Services.
- Completion of some college coursework, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of HR experience, strongly preferred.
- Experience with New Hire Orientation and onboarding strongly preferred.
- Experience with completing the Form I-9 and processing documentation.
- GMS/Workday or other HRIS system experience.
- Light recruiting experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills with strong Excel and Word experience.
- Strong Attention to detail, and high level of accountability.
- A high level of professionalism and commitment to customer service and confidentiality.
Hours: Mon – Fri, 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., 40 hour work week
This position will be paid on an hourly basis.