Enterprise Business Process Architect
Experienced, detailed oriented, technology focused Enterprise Business Process Architect responsible for supporting mission-critical Human Capital IT programs. This individual will work actively with the GDIT business community to solve business problems with systematic and process solutions that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
* Define and validate business process architecture principles and standards with regard to Application and Infrastructure architecture standards.
* Document and reengineer process architecture by working with key business stakeholders and creating governing bodies for process owners as needed
* Responsible for creating, analyzing and reviewing solution architectures ensuring process architecture is optimized.
* Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and enhancements to current systems.
* Communicates process architecture and IT standards to all stakeholders and ensure standards are published, updated and adhered to.
* Asses the impacts, trade-offs, risks, costs, benefits and opportunities of IT solutions
* Interacts with program and project managers to assess that projects meet the IT standards; update as appropriate if a change is required.
* Liaise with Technology Infrastructure and Operations as part of architecture and standards approval process.
* Develop and validates systems process blueprint and design for quality, performance, security, user experience, maintenance, operations, redundancy, compliance, process flows, life cycling, dependencies and integration.
* Perform complex systems process design work that may include logic design, process model creation, development of cost projections, and business process analysis and design tasks.
* Serve as subject-matter expert who can easily liaise between IT and other departments.
* Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced architects, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
* Provide IT input into technical requirements for RFP/RFI/RFQ
* Perform other duties as required or assigned.
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
3. Certified Business Architect (CBA) and/or The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF) certification preferred
4. Business Process Reengineering or Business Process Improvement Certification, including Six Sigma
10-15 years of related systems engineering experience. A thorough background in enterprise HCM implementation Consulting. This includes deep understanding of the applications and the relevant industry practices. Application experience should include Core HR, Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, Time and Labor, Recruiting, Talent Management, Learning Management, Performance Management, and Succession Planning.
* Advanced knowledge of business process reengineering best practices, methods, and techniques.
* Demonstrated awareness of new systems technologies and how they could be leveraged to benefit the company, customers and providers, new business strategies and corporate initiatives.
* Must possess the qualities, skills, business acumen, experience, and discipline to ensure business and systems architecture alignment.
* Experience with business and systems analysis and design methodologies and tools, and experience with large and complex systems.
* Experience with analysis of enterprise-wide business functions and business processes in collaboration with multiple business organizations
* Must be able to work independently on complex tasks which require analysis and action.
* Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change
* Possess strong interpersonal skills, relationship management and negotiation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work well with staff members and user community, especially with senior business management staff. Person must be able to interact with employees at all levels of the company
* Work hours may include meetings schedule outside of normal working hours. Demands during peak times may require work hours outside of normal working hours.
* Ability to travel, and conduct multi-time zone meetings outside of local business hours (as appropriate).
* Must be a US Citizen or a Legal Permanent Resident
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.