Instructor Tier 3, SSDS Tactical Trainer, CSCS/ ATRC Dahlgren VA
7 days left
- Full Time
**GDIT is HIRING SSDS Tactical Trainers in Dahlgren VA with immediate start dates in June 2017**
General Dynamics is immediately seeking an SSDS Officer Instructor in support of developing, organizing, and conducting combat systems training and education programs for Fleet officers conducting pipeline training at ATRC in Dahlgren VA enroute to assignments to U.S. Navy SSDS platforms including LPD/LSD/LHA/LHD/CVN platforms. Duties will include developing, testing, maintaining, and delivering Navy Combat System's training programs and courses. Candidate will train Officers on the capability of shipboard weapons systems and their employment in a training environment. This individual will be expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of SSDS system and weapons' capabilities, limitations, and engagement doctrine. He/she must understand each watch station within the Combat Direction Center (CDC). Duties will also include delivering classroom instruction as it pertains to shipboard SSDS combat systems.
Basic Qualifications: Five - Seven years of experience with SSDS Combat Systems. Must be TAO qualified on an SSDS platform. Individual must have the Navy Instructor NEC (9502). Individual must be familiar with Firing Point Procedures (FPP), Pre-Planned Responses, and Battle Orders Development.
The ideal candidate would be a master training specialist with an instructor tour at CSCS, ATG, or Fleet Training Center in support of SSDS. Must possess the passion, ability and experience to train Fleet sailors to maintain Combat Systems equipment as well as gain and maintain tactical proficiency in their watch stations.
1. Nine (9) years relevant experience with Surface Navy Aegis Combat Systems as technician or operator with responsibility for teaching/training the system to other sailors and managing and leading junior sailors. 2. Two (2) years relevant experience as an instructor of Aegis Combat Systems in a Naval Training Environment; and responsible for guiding the development of other instructors/trainers. 3. Associates/Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline desired (not required); or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work/military experience.
10-15 years of directly related experience in the development and delivery of technical training programs. Navy Master Training Specialist (NEC 9502) with: 1. Nine (9) years of experience with the Aegis Combat system or process as either a maintenance technician manager or operator manager with responsibility for teaching the applicable system or function task to others in a master level training environment. 2. Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in a Navy Training Environment; to include curriculum maintenance; writing learning objectives; preparing test items; evaluating instructional materials and the results of instruction and counseling students on academic learning problems. 3. Two (2) years relevant experience interfacing with training systems/simulations for effective and correct presentation of learning objectives. Past experience as trainer/instructor in support of CSCS/ATRC/TACTRAGRU is a significant plus. Must be able to support training with extended periods on your feet while instructing. Travel may be up required to 10 % of time. Must be fit enough to embark ship for 5-10 days. As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
1. Develops, tests, maintains, and delivers moderately complex training programs and related materials in support of SSDS Platforms.
2. Establishes and reviews course content and objectives.
3. Conducts training sessions in support of SSDS training and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of SSDS training activities.
4. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
5. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
6. Will be a SSDS SME and will provide effective classroom and lab training to Fleet crews. Must possess strong desire and ability to teach from current and approved references.
7. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
10. Conducts training sessions and develops criteria for evaluating the effectiveness of training activities.
11. Maintains records of training activities, participant progress, and program effectiveness.
12. Updates course documentation on a regular basis to ensure timeliness and relevance.
13. Provides work leadership to lower level employees, including evaluating the effectiveness of their training presentations and programs, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
14. May serve as technical team or task lead.
15. Conducts research into new training, educational, and multimedia technologies.
16. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
17. Participates in special projects as required.