Research Technician - Nanomaterial
General Dynamics IT is currently looking for a Research Technician, specialized in nanomaterial formulations for biomedical applications to join our team to support the Naval Medical Research Unit at Ft. Sam Houston – San Antonio, Texas. You will have a key role utilizing your expert knowledge in delivering excellent technical support to our client!
- Optimize and execute laboratory procedures and assays for fabrication and characterization of nanomaterial formulations for biomedical applicationsPerform procedures for functionalization of nanoparticles Characterize materials and formulations using methods and analytical instruments including UV-Vis, DLS, Zeta Potential, FT-IR, XRD, and HPLCEvaluate stability and performance of fabricated nanomaterials by determining loading/release profiles Prepare samples for analysis by SEM and TEMPerform biocompatibility studies using standard in vitro cytotoxicity assaysAssist in preparation of proposals, reports, data summaries, manuscripts, conference abstracts, and presentationsProvide data summaries at project meetingsPerform general laboratory support tasks such as preparing SOPs, maintaining clear and accurate laboratory records, routine safety procedures to maintain compliance with established laboratory safety rules, and maintaining supply inventory.
- MS in field of chemistry, biochemistry, biomedical engineering, or equivalent with 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Will consider BS with 6+ years of laboratory experience specific to areas detailed in this position description.
- US Citizenship is required
- Strong, fundamental knowledge of wet and instrumental chemistry procedures
- Basic knowledge of analytical chemistry and experience with analytical techniques including UV-Vis spectroscopy, DLS, Zeta Potential, XRD, FT-IR, automated titration system, and HPLC
- Experience with nanomaterial fabrication, functionalization, characterization, and biocompatibility testing is a plus
- Ability to make and record detailed observations and independently troubleshoot technical procedures
- Maintain accurate records of all analyses performed, documenting test results in laboratory notebooks
- Ability to perform basic statistics and mathematical calculations
- Experience in using MSWord, MSPowerPoint, MSExcel spreadsheets, and graphing and statistical software such as GraphPad Prism or SigmaPlot