Security Operations Center/ Security Systems Engineer/Analyst w/ Poly
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer – to serve on the computer network defense / security team in a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The selected candidate will be responsible for designs and defining system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will perform the following duties: 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients. 4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems. 6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications Unique & Additional Skills
- Top Secret/SCI w/ Poly is required
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Support the various work schedules in a 24x7 missions Operations Center
- Prior work experience on large, geographically disperse networks
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Advance knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Requires IAT II or III and CND-IR; and 2 years network defense/information assurance experience
- Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
- Knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Direct experience in cyber security engineering and/or cyber defense operations services required
- Experience in Security Operations Center / Computer Incident Response Team / Security Engineering / Secure Solution Design
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Unified Communications, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, Security+, CISSP, Messaging, etc.