Device Image Systems Engineer w/ Poly
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer – to serve on the end user device image team on a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The selected candidate will be responsible for designs and defining system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will perform the following duties: Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems. 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements. 4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems. 5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers. 10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 11. Participates in special projects as assigned. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Top Secret SCI w/ Poly requiredSupport the various work schedules in a 24x7 Operations CenterKnowledge of ITIL service management processesPrior work on large, geographically disperse networksAdvanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment. Knowledge of end user device image administration and server virtualizationAdvance knowledge of networking protocols and technologiesKnowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Experience with SAN, NAS, virtualization, and data center cloud services.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Unified Communications, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, Security+, Messaging, etc.