Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Principal Systems Engineer w/ Poly
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Principal Systems Engineer – to serve on the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) team in a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The selected candidate will be responsible for designs and defining system architecture for new or existing computer systems. The candidate will perform the following duties: 1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients. 4. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements. 5. Develops documentation on new or existing systems. 6. Develops and directs tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements. 7. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems. 8. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance. 9. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. 10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities. 11. Serves as liaison with clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met. 12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 13. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- 8-10 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Top Secret/SCI w/ Poly is requiredSupport the various work schedules in a 24x7 Operations Center
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Experience with virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) equipment and systems
- Advanced knowledge of routers, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
- Advanced knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Unified Communications, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, Security+, Messaging, etc.