Sr Information Security Analyst w/ Poly
6 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Sr Principle Information Security Analyst to perform cybersecurity computer & network security activities on a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The selected candidate will specifically perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. The candidate will perform the following duties: 1. Performs Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinates with other government agencies to record and report incidents. 2. Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation. 3. Recognizes potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information. 4. Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk. 5. Communicates alerts to agencies regarding intrusions and compromises to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems. 6. Assists with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls. 7. Ensures the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices. 8. Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance. 9. Prepares incident reports of analysis methodology and results. 10. Serves as a technical team or task leader. 11. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 12. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience. Qualifications Unique & Additional Skills
- 10-15 years of related experience in data security administration
- Requires IAT III and CND-IR; and 2 years network defense/information assurance experience Top Secret/SCI w/ Poly is requiredSupport the various work schedules in a 24x7 missions Operations Center.Prior work experience on a large, geographically disperse networksKnowledge of ITIL service management processesComprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques.
- Requires familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures.
- Requires understanding of firewall theory and configuration.
- Requires understanding of DHS/DoD policies and procedures, including FIPS 199, FIPS 200, NIST 800-53, DHS 4300A SSH and other applicable policies.
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
- Advanced knowledge of systems/security engineering principles, methods, and techniques used in network/firewall/server administration and support
- Advanced knowledge of routers, firewalls, switches, patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software
- Advanced knowledge of desktop, security operating systems and applications.
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Experience with security, data center infrastructure and management equipment and systems
- Experience with SAN, NAS, virtualization, and data center cloud services
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Unified Communications, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, Security+, CISSP, Messaging, etc.