Sr Software Engineer (Messaging) with Poly
6 days left
- Full Time
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to serve on the messaging services team in a mission centric 24x7 enterprise operations & data center(s) infrastructure. Candidate will support a wide variety of classified and unclassified networks dispersed over multiple geographic regions. The candidate will be responsible for research, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The candidate will perform the following duties: Researches, designs, develops and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. 1. Designs and codes software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules. 2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis. 3. Tests and debugs assigned components and units. 4. Participates in large system and subsystem planning. 5. Collaborates with hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems and works with them to resolve incompatibilities. 6. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials. 7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues. 8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems, such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned. 10. Participates in special projects as required. Education Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience. Qualifications
- Must possess a current TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- 5-8 years of related software development experience. Support the various work schedules/shifts in a 24x7 Operations Center
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Knowledge of ITIL service management processes
- Comprehensive knowledge of software engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
- Knowledge of networking protocols and technologies
- Knowledge of messaging, database administration and server virtualization
- Ability to build PowerShell scripts to automate procedures that manages user and group accounts and manage access controls
- Experience with SAN, NAS, virtualization, and data center cloud services.
- Professional certification in one or more specific technologies is required, depending on job assignment such as Microsoft MCSE, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, VSphere, Unified Communications, ITSM products, ITIL Foundations, PMP, Security+, Messaging, etc.