Sr Technician, Help Desk
6 days left
- Full Time
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Perform system administration functions that include operating system monitoring; COTS software monitoring; custom software monitoring; resource memory allocation; modifications to authorized user lists and user profiles; file system maintenance; monitoring of storage space; technical support to personnel to include creating accounts/resetting passwords; etc. Provides technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, and/or systems hardware and software. 1. Screens, refers and diagnoses internal inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of personal computers and related systems. 2. Installs, configures, and upgrades computer hardware and software. 3. Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support. 4. Applies advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions. 5. Provides troubleshooting and support. 6. Participates in the administration of e-mail systems. 7. Provides phone and help-desk support for local and off-site users. 8. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technicians. 9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned 10. Participates in special projects as required. Education Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience. Qualifications
- Must possess a current TS/SCI polygraph clearance
- 3-6 years experience
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience with service desk ticketing tool
- Prior work on large, geographically disperse networks
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in computer troubleshooting and support.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
- Ability to identify and evaluate of evidence to guide decision making; use broad in-depth analysis of evidence for problem solving to make decisions and communicate clearly and accurately
- May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment i.e. ITIL Foundations
- Support the various work schedules/shifts in a 24x7 Operations Center