Banquet Captain NF 02
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at Club Meade at Fort Meade, Maryland.
1st Cut-Off Date: 06 June 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: TBD
Club Meade a full service dining and catering facility. Host meetings, conferences, reunions, birthday parties, awards ceremonies, expositions, and wedding receptions. The club offers everything from casual buffet style to elegant, formal dining.
This position is responsible for the support of Club Meade and the Community Conference Activity who provides support to our customers in various scheduled events and functions.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following: Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia
Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington. Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. Work experience directly related to banquet service.
2. Prefer knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. May be required to satisfactorily complete a food service worker physical in accordance with AR 215-3.
1. Under the direction of the Club Director, Sales, oversees the management and performance of event banquet staff.
2. Responsibilities include delegating duties to staff, set-up and completion of event, assistance with proper scheduling, labor control, linen control, and payment postings.
3. When required will function as Server, Food Runner, Cashier, or Bartender as needed.
4. Monitors any inappropriate staff actions or lack of service and takes immediate action to correct; reports incidents to Director, Sales to be addressed with appropriate supervisor.