Animal Caretaker NA-03
The FMWRC mission is to create and maintain "FIRST CHOICE" MWR products and services for America's Army, essential to a ready, self-reliant force.
This position is located at The Family Pet Care Center at Fort Meade, Maryland.
The Family Pet Care Center is a small, pet-friendly facility that can accommodate 48 dogs and 11 cats. The "condo-like" quarters will make this "Your pet's home away from home." The grassy areas are fenced and dig-proof that has access to veterinarian 24 hours a day. This position is caring for animals and assists eligible patrons with their pet care needs.
Work Schedule: Applicants must be willing to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE USED TO FILL MULTIPLE VACANCIES. Applications received on or before the cut-off date will be referred to management for consideration. Positions are filled/referred on a continuous basis.
1st Cut-Off Date: Monday June 5, 2017
2nd Cut-Off Date: Monday June 19, 2017
The pay for this position will be set at step 01 of the grade ($11.28PH). Applicants with previous NAF service may be eligible for a higher hourly rate upon verification of prior service and previous rate.
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) Preference eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.) The Local (Fort Meade) Commuting Area includes the following: Washington Local Commuting Area: District of Columbia Maryland: Counties of Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Calvert, Carroll, Charles, Frederick, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's, St. Mary's and Washington. Virginia: Counties of Albermarle, Arlington, Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax, Fauquier, Greene, King George, Loudoun, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. Pennsylvania: County of Adams.
- Not Required
1. Be physically able to lift and carry heavy items weighing over 70 pounds.
2. Stand and walk for long periods of time.
3. Be able to follow complex written instructions.
4. Be able to maintain animal care records.
Conditions of Employment:
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
2. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
3. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
4. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable installation record checks/credit check to determine suitability for this position.
5. May be subject to satisfactory completion of a pre-employment physical.
1. Observes animals and notifies supervisor of abnormal appearance.
2. Feeds animals taking care to measure food portions according to feeding instructions.
3. Cleans and disinfects animal feeding utensils and pen areas and maintains stock of cleaning materials and other items used.
4. Mows grass and cleans yard of animal litter, clears drains in runs and empties garbage.
5. May be required to operate a motor vehicle to transport supplies and laboratory samples.