SECRETARY II - ADULT EDUCATION
- Graduation from high school and experience in performing general office clerical or secretarial work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience that would provide the following knowledge, abilities, and skills:
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and standard office equipment
- Bilingual ability preferred
- Ability to perform general clerical work accurately and quickly, to communicate effectively, to work cooperatively with others, and to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions.
The Secretary II – Adult Education will report to the Adult Education Coordinator.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.JOB DESCRIPTION:
This is clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work performed in the Department of Instruction Adult Education Program. An employee in this class performs routine to varied office operations requiring general office and people skills. Assignments typically consist of one or more standard office operations such as phone and visitor reception work, file maintenance, data entry, word processing of common office documents, main processing, and similar tasks that are quickly learned on the job. Experienced workers initiate appropriate actions to deal with standard recurring situations.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides phone and visitor reception work, including communicating with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, giving them a description of the Adult Education program and offerings
- Provides general clerical and secretarial support to the Adult Education office, including reception duties, routine database maintenance, word processing, appointment scheduling, class enrollment, collection of tuition payments, and other office records
- Assists in the development and distribution of the Adult Education course catalog and other program publications
- Makes travel, meeting, and class arrangements
- Receives and distributes mail, collects outgoing mail, assembles materials for bulk mailings and arranges with mail service for processing
- Processes time and attendance sheets, prepares purchase orders and other actions, maintains department files, monitors office supply levels, posts accounts, and enters data from financial transactions such as receipt of Adult Education course payments
- Performs other related duties as assigned
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID). JOBS CLOSE AT 12:00 PM ON CLOSING DATE.APPLY TO:
Department of Human Resources and Talent DevelopmentSALARY:
Classified Position, Level 11
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per day
DAYS: FROM - TO -