Assistant Principal - Elementary
The Assistant Principal assists the Principal in leading the instructional program and ensures its alignment with division regulations for curriculum design and assessment. Provides and promotes a state-of-the-art curriculum and superior instructional delivery for the success of all students. This position reports to the school Principal.
- Education: Master's degree in related field.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one, with an endorsement in Administration and Supervision.
- Minimum of three years of successful experience as a teacher and/or administrator.
- Experience in elementary curriculum and instruction, including programs for special education (particularly inclusion models), ELL, talented and gifted, and compensatory education.
- Dual language program experience preferred.
- A performance record that demonstrates high integrity, vision, innovation, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to diverse schools.
- Key Competencies: Proficient in Spanish.
The candidate for this position assists the principal with:
- Selecting, assigning, orienting and evaluating staff.
- Developing, supervising and evaluating the instructional program.
- Preparing of the school budget and the master schedule.
- Formulating and implementing professional development activities.
- Interpreting and enforcing Board policies and regulations as well as school mission and goals.
- Supervising the use and maintenance of facilities and evaluating custodians.
- Supervising and coordinating student discipline and welfare.
- Contributing to the school mission and goals for the purpose of providing a positive learning climate and supportive community environment.
- Assists the principal with such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.