Windows/VMware Systems Administrator (TOP SECRET)
The Windows/VMware Systems Administrator will be responsible for installing, operating and maintaining a heterogeneous environment consisting of servers running Windows, VMware ESXi, and RedHat Linux. The servers are used to host web applications, and include Apache, Tomcat, and Oracle. Network devices include routers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, and network attached storage. A full suite of FISMA compliant security and management applications are also included.
- Install, configure and update hardware and software.
- Operate and maintain all integrated systems to support mission operations.
- Perform daily application updates and maintenance functions.
- Respond to Tier 3 and Tier 4 trouble tickets.
- Open trouble tickets and respond to trouble calls.
- Respond to management system alerts.
- Deploy monthly security patches and updates.
- Respond to after-hours trouble calls.
- Support annual FISMA and NIST security requirements.
- Participate as a member of a small, multi-disciplinary team that works cooperatively to ensure supported applications are available to support the customer mission.
- Become familiar with other team responsibilities to enable acting as backup/augmentation as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related systems engineering experience.
This is a Junior/Entry Level position
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.