Java Software Engineer (TOP SECRET)
Java Software Engineers conduct or participate in the research, design and development of web-based software applications and/or tools for new programs and subprograms. Responsibilities also include enhancements, modifications and corrections to existing software. In addition, these employees are responsible for coding, testing, integrating and documenting software solutions.
Candidates must show a passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of software systems and applications, and the ability to effectively manage, grow and evolve software solutions.
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customer's changing business needs.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the Guardian Program's culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Follow industry and department trends and developments to ensure Guardian Program's services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices
- Front End Software Engineer to build web applications with the following responsibilities
- Design and implement user facing features
- Be able to understand data flow and nuances of data presentation and error handling
- Factor performance in design/implementation
- Experience working under Agile development methodology using Jira
- Automated Testing (e.g., Selenium, Cucumber)
- Knowledge of the following technologies: ExtJS
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2-5 years of related software development experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.