The City of Takoma Park is a great place to work. The City offers an excellent benefits package. We are proud to be a workforce of almost 200 full-time and part-time employees that are as diverse as the community we serve. We strive to maintain excellent customer service and responsiveness to our residents and everyone we work with. It is with this in mind that we seek to improve by championing quality and efficiency through a dedicated workforce and cooperative spirit.
The City of Takoma Park is seeking a part time Custodian to work on Saturday and Sunday, a total of 10 hours, under the general supervision of the Custodial Crew Leader to clean and maintain City buildings. The candidate will perform routine building maintenance to include cleaning and the repair of systems and equipment. The starting rate for the position is $19.38 per hour. This position is subject to membership in the AFSCME union.
- Sweeps, mops and vacuums offices and hallways
- Cleans water fountains and restrooms, including fixtures; restocks supplies
- Removes trash and recyclable materials from offices
- Dusts wood work and furniture
- Cleans entrance windows and showcase glass
- Performs basic carpentry
- Waxes and buffs floors
- Paints interior and exterior building surfaces
- Shovels snow, spreads ice treatment
- Snakes clogged drains
- Moves furniture, off-loads supplies and shipments as needed
- Cleans kitchen
- Cleans elevators
Education and Experience:
- Six months to one year of progressively responsible related experience; or,
- Any combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Valid Driver’s License
To officially apply please complete an online application at:
Only online applications will be considered.