Principal Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Engineer
The Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Engineer shall perform design, implementation, and configuration of virtualized and physical IT architectures supporting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Possibility of up to 20% travel
1. Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
2. Masters Degree preferred.
10+ years of related systems engineering experience.
VMware Certified Professional (VCP) in Data Center Virtualization (DCV) and/or Cloud Management and Automation (CMA) are desired.
Security clearance required for employment
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vSphere products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware vRealize Automation and Operations products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with VMware NSX products and technologies.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing workflows and blueprints for use with a VMware vRA solution (vRA, Orchestrator)
- Demonstrated understanding of server virtualization concepts.
- Prior experience deploying blade and rack mounted server product sets.
- Demonstrated understanding of block and file-based storage system concepts.
- Prior experience with storage-area-network based replication products and technologies.
- Prior experience deploying backup and recovery products.
- Demonstrated understanding of layer 2/3 networking technologies and concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of storage-area-network products and technologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of backup, recovery, and replication technologies for virtualized environments.
- Prior experience creating documentation for server virtualization environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to define and refine server virtualization requirements for customer environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers and external teams to gather critical project information.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.