Chief Technology Officer
For additional information about this opportunity, or to be considered further, please contact John Stefanek with Russell Reynolds and Associates at John.firstname.lastname@example.org. Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be a key information technology (IT) executive leading the infrastructure technology and hosting platforms for Sentara Healthcare. S/he will be responsible for the design and build functions for all computing platforms and data storage infrastructure, including servers, storage, networks, voice and data. It will be this executive's responsibility to architect and execute the organization's IT cloud strategy that strategically moves the IT hosting platforms from on premise to cloud based over the next 5 years. In addition, this executive will be responsible for the day-to-day engineering of all internally hosted computing platforms. S/he will oversee the development of strategies and standards for platform infrastructure, enterprise storage management and platform operations automation, while ensuring that service levels adhere to ITIL principles. In addition, s/he will manage all end-user devices and experience to include mobile, printing, PCs, laptops, phones and authentication.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops the strategy to support the IT infrastructure vision and provides input into the formulation of the overall IT strategy.
- Develops and implements long-term strategy for all computing platforms and storage technology, supporting business objectives and goals.
- Translates business and IT strategic plans into organized and actionable engineering design plans for the department ensuring that critical systems are meeting business requirements.
- Effectively uses Six Sigma and/or other continuous improvement methods to streamline processes and improve consistency, performance and responsiveness of the department.
- Manages budget for department/projects, including forecasting needs, tracking costs, investigating variances, making corrections, etc.
- Establishes consistent and repeatable processes for management of critical computing platforms.
- Works closely with the IT Leadership team to influence improvements to IT application and system performance.
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with business units (hospitals) across the enterprise; manages system performance and availability to agreed standards.
- Proactively provides business critical information to IT and enterprise business leaders that is relevant to decision making.
- Actively drives the strategic partnership with key vendor and partner relationships.
- Has responsibility for hiring, training, motivating, and retaining top employees resulting in the development and maintenance of a high-performance team.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations, etc. in order to lead strategic business direction of the department.
Bachelor's degree is required in Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field and a Master's degree is preferred.
Required: Information Technology - 10 years, Management - 5 years
The successful candidate will be a seasoned business technology leader with strong commercial acumen, technical proficiency and exceptional leadership skills. Candidates will possess the necessary balance of strategic vision coupled with hands-on leadership when needed. The CTO must have the ability to design systems, processes and procedures that scale to meet the needs, risks, challenges and opportunities of the organization. Moreover, s/he will be able to build relationships across all layers of the organization.
They will be an outstanding communicator, capable of describing the business impact and cost justification of initiatives as well as the transformational potential of emerging technologies that could improve Sentara's hospital operations and customer experience. S/he must possess considerable executive presence, communication and senior-level influencing skills. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated successful track record in leading infrastructure, hosting platforms and IT strategy in a hospital system environment. S/he must demonstrate a track record of continuous improvement in managing the performance of a large technology organization.
Required: Communication, Complex Problem Solving, Critical Thinking, Judgment and Decision Making, Project Management, Systems Analysis, Systems Evaluation
For additional information about this opportunity, or to be considered further, please contact John Stefanek with Russell Reynolds and Associates at John.email@example.com.