7 days left
- Full Time
This announcement is being extended until June 30, 2017 due to low number of applicants. A referral list may be issued with all qualified applicants who applied prior to the original closing date of May 30, 2017.
to the Family and Morale, Welfare & Recreation Activities at Fort
Myer, Virginia, and Fort McNair, Washington, DC. We proudly serve
Military Members, Retirees, DOD Civilians and Family members in the
Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall (JBM-HH) serves as the base support of operations for the Joint Force Headquarters-National Capitol Region and the U.S. Military District of Washington, Fort McNair, D.C. Fort Myer traces its origins to the Civil War and Fort McNair has been an Army post for more than 200 years. Henderson Hall provides barracks and support for Marines assigned to Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps as well as certain schools and agencies in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area. Visit our website at the following link: Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall FMWR Webpage
For instructions regarding submission of your application for Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) vacancy announcements, please review the "How to Apply" section of this announcement.
LOCATION: Fort Myer Business Operations
is a Nonappropriated Fund Flexible (Flex) position that does not
include NAF Benefits nor guaranteed hours. Incumbents may be scheduled
to work 0-40 hours per administrative week. Incumbent will be required
to work weekends and holidays. May be required to work before and
after work. This position works in a large, multi-roomed special events
facility on multiple levels; facility is a customer driven program and
exceptional customer service is the norm. Many special events are
catered throughout the facility that requires setting up and breaking
down of event areas. Multiple vacancies may be filled from this
This position will be assigned to one of the following activities but will be required to move between them on a regular basis; Fort Myer and Fort McNair Officer's Clubs, Bowling and Spates Community Club.
- Not Required
1. Meet state/local age requirements for the serving of alcoholic beverage at the time of appointment.
2. Possess basic math skills necessary to compute patron bills and make change.
3. Be able to communicate effectively in English.
4. Have work experience performing the duties identified. Knowledge of beverage handling and serving techniques. Knowledge of sanitary food handling and serving techniques. Math ability to compute checks and make change. Ability to recognize the signs of intoxication.
The experience has to be clearly identified on your resume/application package.
Conditions of Employment
1. If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click here to view form).
A one-year probationary period may be required.
3. Meet all qualification/eligibility requirements.
4. Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-VERIFY) check.
5. Appointment is subject to completion of a favorable background checks/investigation to determine suitability for this position.
NOTE (1): Applicants have the ability to perform an E-Verify Self Check to confirm employment eligibility at http://www.uscis.gov/mye-verify/self-check. Although a Self-Check is not mandatory, it can be a useful tool for applicants to find out if there is a problem with their employment eligibility records and resolve any issues before taking a job.
Physical Effort: Stands and walks for long periods. Continually lifts and carries items weighing less than 10 pounds.