SCHOOL COUNSELING SERVICES SUPERVISOR
- Holds a Master’s Degree, with an endorsement as a school counselor in Virginia
- Has significant successful experience as a school counselor or school counseling supervisor in public schools, preferably at all school levels
- Has demonstrated progressively responsible administrative experience; administrative endorsement in Virginia preferred
- Has demonstrated the professional/leadership qualities, oral and written communication skills and personal characteristics necessary to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, administrators, and community agencies
The School Counseling Services Supervisor is responsible for the organization, operation, and coordination of the School Counseling Services programs, K-12, and for the professional development of counselors for Loudoun County Public Schools.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises School Counseling Specialist, School Counseling Directors, K-12 Counselors, CAMPUS Program Manager, Career Center Assistants, and School Counseling Office Support Staff; arranges for professional development opportunities such as workshops, college courses, and technology education for counselors; organizes, plans, and conducts monthly leadership team meetings with School Counseling Directors and Lead Counselors; provides oversight for elementary counseling services; oversees regular educational and program development meetings with each of the groups supervised; works with the Department of Technology Services to ensure that counselors receive necessary training to maintain information needed to fulfill responsibilities
- Provides leadership, oversight and coordination of a comprehensive K-12 Bullying Prevention Program and mental health supports, to include training, resources and support for school based staff through the school counseling program; consults with staff and principals regarding specific situations and problems; works collaboratively with other areas of Pupil Services; maintains on-going communication with community human services
- Develops and implements professional development and supports for schools to achieve school counseling programs and services consistent with American School Counseling Association standards for school counseling
- Collects and edits information for the annual middle school and high school Program of Studies; isresponsible for formatting the publication; gathers information and compiles data for County-wide Scholarship and Financial Aid Handbook
- Directs annual College Fair for high school students and their parents; coordinates application process and LCPS’ applicants to the Job-for-a-Day program; coordinates the Pathway program, a cooperative program to promote college attendance for under-represented students, a collaborative venture with George Mason University and Northern Virginia Community College; provides leadership and direction for the CAMPUS program for first generation college students
- Plans annual budget and supervises expenditures of all funds for School Counseling Services; identifies equipment, instructional materials, and supplies needed in school counseling offices and verifies orders for those items
- Performs related work as required
The School Counseling Services Supervisor reports to the Director of Student Services.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects or tools; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or bend and may be required to lift up to approximately 25 pounds.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A LETTER OF INTEREST AND UPDATED RESUME FOR EACH POSITION IN WHICH INTEREST IS EXPRESSED. THE LETTER OF INTEREST MUST INCLUDE THE JOB NUMBER AND PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PID).APPLY TO:
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN RESOURCES AND TALENT DEVELOPMENTSALARY:
Administrative Position, Level 3
Salary Range: Refer to
12 Month Position, 8 hours per dayDAYS: FROM - TO -