Program Director for Executive Master of Professional Studies in Global Strategic Communications -
Program Director for Executive Master of Professional Studies in Global Strategic Communications - School of Continuing Studies
Georgetown's Executive Master of Professional Studies (EMPS) in Global Strategic Communications (GSC) is designed for experienced communications executives and leaders across a wide range of industries. Participants are immersed in a dynamic learning environment, where they have the opportunity to engage with other senior-level communicators, enhance their leadership and business competencies, and gain additional insights into global communications—all without interrupting their careers.
The Program Director for Executive Master of Professional Studies in Global Strategic Communications program provides administrative management and support for the GSC program in the School of Continuing Studies. S/he assists with the day-to-day administrative activities of the program and Division of Professional Communication; serves as the liaison with various University departments, as well with external stakeholders; and plays a vital role by managing various touch points of the student life cycle, as well by assisting in administrative adjunct faculty related matters. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of the Division of Professional Communication and working collaborative with the GSC Faculty Director, the Program Director has duties that include but are not limited to:
Student Life Cycle Management
- Supports the day-to-day activities of the program in providing administrative support for prospective, current and graduating students - for example, recruitment, academic advising, admissions procedures, registration processes, new student orientation, student out-processing procedures, and acting as liaison between the program and various University departments on behalf of the student body.
- Understands and tracks all enrollment stages, from prospective students through alumni.
Handles all internal and external communication efforts for the student body - for example, creation and management of newsletters, websites, and social media outlets.
- Coordinates and implements all logistical and travel aspects of five on-site, week-long intensive programs throughout the year in collaboration with the Faculty Director.
- Manages communication, contracts, and payments with travel vendors - including hotels, bus companies, and restaurants.
- Assists in special projects as assigned by the Faculty Director or Assistant Dean of the Division of Professional Communication.
Assists in managing the online functionalities for the program and providing necessary support when directed by the Faculty Director or Assistant Dean of the Division of Professional Communication - for example, virtual classroom management, troubleshooting online issues, and providing administrative support to faculty members.
Assists the Faculty Director in providing support to adjunct faculty members - for example, course scheduling and classroom support.
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 2 years of professional and/or academic experience in communications or a related field - preference for experience coordinating/planning events or travel, managing social media accounts in a professional setting, and/or working in an academic environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills; outstanding interpersonal and communication abilities (both written and verbal); and a commitment to professionalism and confidentiality
- Computer proficiency
- Availability and willingness to travel to each or some sites as required
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.