Specialist, TGV Oper & Insp
Job Title: Specialist, TGV Oper & Insp
Job ID: 170275 Location: DC -Jackson Graham Bldg-4th Fl
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Posting Open-Close 08/24/2017
Regular/Temporary: Regular Job Description
All WMATA posted job openings are available through 11:59 pm the night before the noted Close Date. To ensure successful submission of application applicants are encouraged to apply well before this cut-off. The noted Close Date is the date on which the posting is automatically removed from the website as of 12:00am at which time submission of an application is no longer possible. (WMATA reserves the right to remove postings at any time without notice as business needs demand.)
This posting may be used to fill multiple positions in Job Code 6783
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or a related engineering field
Must have a minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in rapid-rail transit, track and structural maintenance and inspection
Ultrasonic Certification Level II must be attained within 1 year of acquiring the job
Ultrasonic Certification Level II
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
This is a safety sensitive position responsible for coordinating and administering the activities associated with the Track Geometry Vehicle (TGV) operation in providing condition assessment of all mainline and secondary track infrastructure system-wide, in relation to track and way testing and evaluation. This positions also has responsibility for analyzing Track Geometry and Ultrasonic Testing data and initiating safety critical, operations decisions regarding the availability of track. Will also participate in the initiation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures associated with the TGV program.
- Communicates with various departments for the coordination of testing with the TGV at any time, on any section of railroad in the WMATA system. Both in the mainline and secondary tracks.
- Operates the TGV throughout the WMATA rail system by communicating with Rail Operations Control Center (ROCC) and internal rail operations stakeholders. This includes physical operation of the vehicle itself.
- Responsible for the proper setup and storage of the vehicle from beginning to end of operation. This includes setup of the onboard computer systems in order to perform testing by the TGV.
- Manages Ultrasonic Testing project activities on the TGV. This includes adherence to policies and procedures, along with the operation of the Ultrasonic Testing equipment on the TGV. Also conducts field verifications with hand held ultrasonic testing equipment.
- Responsible for the complete analysis of Ultrasonic Testing data in order to make safety critical decisions.
- Operates the Track Geometry Measure System (TGMS) on the TGV and administers the adherence to associate TGMS policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper management, technical analysis and distribution of the data acquired from the TGV data collection and inspection vehicle. This position collects and distributes data to various departments with a priority of any defects discovered by the TGV. This includes any and all reporting by the TGV within Maximo and other documentation required for the TGV.
- Responsible for initial analysis of data collected by the TGMS to facilitate safety critical operations decisions.
- Recommend improvements in work methods and techniques to improve operations of the TGV and the overall track geometry program. Document and provide management with written procedures as it relates to TGV operations.
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned inspection and track condition assessments. Assessing such items as testing schedules, testing supplies, testing equipment calibrations, verification of field track condition,
- Manages the proper working condition of testing equipment as it relates to the effective inspection schedule, and to ensure continuous availability of safe, efficient and clean use of the Track Geometry Vehicle, and supporting equipment.
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.